Virtual and In-person Private Lessons are Available
Virtual and In-Person Private Lessons
- DO NOT COME IF YOU ARE SICK OR NOT FEELING WELL. Even if it’s “probably allergies”. Covid is still out there. We have families. We’ll give you those lessons later.
- Parents and family members are allowed in the club during classes, but please minimize distractions to fencers.
- If you are borrowing club gear, please leave it in the designated areas for used gear after each class.
- Bring your own water bottle and take it with you when you leave.
- Virtual lessons will be conducted through Zoom. Please email your coach if you need the link.
- For your lesson, you will need a glove, mask, a weapon, something to hit, some space to move, and a phone or tablet with video chat capability.
- Your target could be a sturdy pillow, a jacket, or (saber only) a mask hung or propped at shoulder height. It will need to be sturdy so you can hit it repeatedly.
- You will need to be able to watch and send a video during your lesson. Wifi-enabled laptops, tablets, and phones are your best bet.
- Place your camera off to your non-dominant side. If you’re right handed, your camera should be to your left while you’re facing your target. Opposite for lefties. This gives you a better view of the camera and gives your coach a better view of your body during actions.
- The best location for a virtual lesson is somewhere with open floor space so you can move, and with a solid background so we can see your blade move. The second-best place for a virtual lesson is anywhere you can make it work!
- HSS members may rent gear to take home. Contact us if you are interested in renting our gear. We can arrange contactless dropoff within a 20-minute drive of HSS.
- Tech support problems? Call the club or contact your coach directly for help.
- Due to the strict scheduling, we need 6 hours advance notice to cancel your lesson. If you cancel without notice or are a no show, you will lose that lesson.
- If you are late for your lesson, you will have the remainder of the blocked time to complete your lesson time. The lost time will not be made up.
- All lessons and classes are subject to change based on state and local regulations, and our own estimation of risks.