Virtual and In-person Private Lessons and Group Classes are Available
Face masks are required for all in-person events.
Virtual and In-Person Group Classes
How In-Person Classes Work:
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED for all in-person events. You and your family may not enter the club without face masks.
- Vaccinated fencers may present their vaccine cards to be exempted from masking rules during classes. Please wear your mask in the rest of the Zone.
- DO NOT COME IF YOU ARE SICK OR NOT FEELING WELL. Even if it’s “probably allergies”. There’s a pandemic going on. We have families. We’ll give you those lessons later.
- Parents and family members are allowed in the club during classes, but please minimize group size and maintain distance from other families.
- For fencers under the age of 10 or those who would like a chaperone to escort them into the club, text us (832-674-0774) to have us meet your kids outside.
- HSS members may rent gear to take home. Contact us if you are interested in renting our gear.
- If you are borrowing club gear, please leave it in the designated areas to be disinfected after each use.
- Bring your own water bottle and take it with you when you leave.
How virtual classes work:
- Virtual classes happen on Zoom. We use the same Zoom link week-to-week. Please email your coach if you need the link.
- For your lesson, you will need a glove, mask, a weapon, something to hit, some space to move, and a phone or tablet with video chat capability.
- Your target could be a sturdy pillow, a jacket, or (saber only) a mask hung or propped at shoulder height. It should be sturdy so you can hit it repeatedly.
- You will need to be able to watch and send a video during your lesson. Wifi-enabled laptops, tablets, and phones are your best bet.
- Place your camera off to your non-dominant side. If you’re right handed, your camera should be to your left while you’re facing your target. Opposite for lefties. This gives you a better view of the camera and gives your coach a better view of your body during actions.
- HSS members may rent gear to take home. Contact us if you are interested in renting our gear. We can arrange contactless dropoff within a 20-minute drive of HSS.
- Tech support problems? Call the club or contact your coach directly for help.
- If you are late to your group class time, you may still call into the session and participate until the designated end time. The lost time will not be made up.
- If you miss the class completely, we will consider you a no show.
- All in-person lessons and classes are subject to change based on state and local regulations, and our own estimation of risks.