Virtual Options Available for Private and Group Lessons
All in-person private and group lessons are canceled until further notice.
Virtual Group Classes
How group classes work:
- In exchange for:
- One missed after-school class from Spring 2020
- One group class from a group class 10-pack
- One group class from a Four Class Autopay plan
- One group class from an Unlimited Autopay plan
- The lesson pricing shown below is for 1 group class. Additional pricing will be shown at the time of reservation. To reflect different class packs and lesson duration options available.
- Virtual lessons will be conducted through Google Meet. When you book your lesson, you will get an email with a link for the virtual meeting. Please email your coach if you did not get a link.
What you need:
- For your lesson, you will need a glove, mask, a weapon, something to hit, some space to move, and a phone or tablet with video chat capability.
- Your target could be a sturdy pillow, a jacket, or (saber only) a mask hung or propped at shoulder height. It will need to be sturdy so you can hit it repeatedly.
- You will need to be able to watch and send a video during your lesson. Wifi-enabled laptops, tablets, and phones are your best bet.
- The best location for a virtual lesson is somewhere with open floor space so you can move, and with a solid background so we can see your blade move. The second-best place for a virtual lesson is anywhere you can make it work!
- Gear check out is available for HSS members. Contact us if you are interested in checking out our gear. We can arrange contactless dropoff within a 20-minute drive of HSS.
- Tech support problems? Call the club or contact your coach directly for help.
- If you are late to your group class time, you may still call into the session and participate until the designated end time. The lost time will not be made up.
- If you miss the class completely, you will be considered a no show.
- All lessons and classes are subject to change based on state and local regulations, and our own estimation of risks.