Armory Clinic with Michael Mergens
Join us for an armory clinic with Michael Mergens, world-class armorer and owner of TheArmorersStore.com. Learn to maintain your equipment, troubleshoot when you’re having problems, and fix it when it breaks.
This 5-hour class consists of discussions, demonstrations and practical exercises covering the following subjects:
- Discussion of each part for foil, epee and saber (points, blades, grips, pommel nuts, connectors)
- How each weapon works
- How to take apart and put together weapons
- How to test/maintain each weapon
- How to test/maintain a mask
- How to repair/maintain bodycords
- How to troubleshoot problems with a weapon
- How to rewire a blade
- How to troubleshoot problems on strip
Students are encouraged to bring equipment to work on. Limited repair parts will be available for purchase. Students will also be provided items to help them with working on their own equipment, such as a copy of the Armorer’s Cheat sheet and a Bending Chain!
Clinic fees: $35 for nonmembers
$30 for Houston Sword Sports members
College student discounts available
To sign up: [hc-hmw snippet=”armory”]
Questions? Email Info@HoustonSwords.com
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!